Our next 2 day workshop,
is open for registration!
(1 spot left; when it fills we will start a waiting list)
September 28-29, 2018
Take your Mixed Media Adventures into a new frontier as we explore surface designs with fiber art, paint and acrylic gels & mediums. Working our luscious layers into fiber art vessels, we will play with the power of black, white, color and tons of texture. We will be discussing the basics of acrylic paints, pastes and gels. Students will take this information and explore how acrylic products can create magic with fiber and paint. Everyone will leave with fiber vessels, a hand-sewn booklet, a matted piece of art, some gorgeous greeting cards and new techniques to create luscious layers in both 2 and 3 dimensions.
Everything will be personalized to reflect your unique creative choices. (Absolutely no experience necessary!)
Plan on working on both days from 9:30-3:00 although the schedule may be slightly adjusted before the workshop begins in September. If you are joining us from out of state we would be happy to help with hotel recommendations. The workshop will be held in a neighborhood with easy access to I 25 (close to the University of Denver).
The total cost of the retreat will be $285 plus a $40 material fee which includes the following:
* Absolutely all of your materials; you won't have to bring anything except your lunches and an apron
* Acrylic gels & paste examples
*Handouts with various techniques illustrated
* Morning coffee/tea set up with light snacks
* Lots of personal instruction from two instructors, plus at least 10 hours of classroom instruction
To register, please use this pay button to submit your $140 deposit
This deposit is non refundable* and will cover the material fee and partial payment of the total cost of the workshop.
The remaining $185 will be billed thru an invoice on Aug. 20, due on Aug. 25.
Save the date: our winter workshop will be
Feb 22 & 23, 2019
at a great new location for us:
First Plymouth Congretation Church, 3501 S. Colorado Blvd, Denver
Details about the workshop will be released in September.
* Non-refundable policy: Payments are non-refundable but they are transferable. If you can not attend a workshop or retreat after submitting your deposit (or full paymet) you are welcome to find a replacement and let us know. We will transfer your payment to that person. If we have a waiting list we will make every effort to contact someone to see if they can take your spot, but there are no guarantees. If we do find a replacement we will consider refunding a portion of your payment minus reasonable service and handling fees.