Announcing....0ur next MMA (mixed media adventures) 3 day art retreat will be
February 16-18, 2018. We are trying out a new location and hope you will join us at the
Hilton Garden Inn Denver/Cherry Creek
(It is a lovely space in a great location! )
600 South Colorado Boulevard | Denver, CO 80246
Luscious Layers in 3-D
Take your Mixed Media Adventures into the 3rd dimension as we explore surface designs with fiber art that stands & hangs. Working our luscious layers into fiber art sculpture, we will play with the power of black, white, color and tons of texture. We are thrilled to be introducing Mary Morrison, Golden acrylic product rep for Colorado, who will be discussing the basics of acrylic paints, pastes and gels. Students will take this information and explore how acrylic products can create magic with fiber and paint.Everyone will leave with a ton of samples plus a few fiber vessels, a hand-sewn booklet and a lovely canvas painting rich with layers, texture and colors.
Everything will be personalized to reflect your unique creative choices. (Absolutely no experience necessary!)
The total cost of the retreat will be $515 which includes the following:
* Absolutely all of your materials plus an apron!
* A bag of terrific samples of the acrylic products used in the workshop (thanks to Mary Morrison)
* Friday eve cocktail party
* Lunch on both Sat & Sun (dietary restrictions are accommodated)
*Coffee/tea and breakfast snacks, light refreshments thru the day
* Lots of personal instruction from two instructors, plus at least 10 hours of classroom instruction spread over the 3 days
Students are encouraged to make hotel reservations at the same location; lodging is not included in the workshop fee.
Use code MMADV to get our special hotel rate $132 + taxes when reserving online or say you are attending the Mixed Media Art Retreat when you call 303-754-9800 for reservations.
To reserve your spot, please submit your non-refundable* deposit of $200 using the button below. The balance of the fee will be due on Jan 10 and will be paid thru an invoice sent to your email address.
* Non-refundable policy: Payments are non-refundable but they are transferable. If you can not attend a workshop or retreat after submitting your deposit (or full paymet) you are welcome to find a replacement and let us know. We will transfer your payment to that person. If we have a waiting list we will make every effort to contact someone to see if they can take your spot, but there are no guarantees. If we do find a replacement we will consider refunding a portion of your payment minus reasonable service and handling fees.